Thursday, June 24, 2010

ALA Bound!

So I'm leaving for our nation's capital and ALA bright and early tomorrow morning. It feels like I'm booked solid, but really I've been semi-careful about not getting in too far over my head. I have lunch with a new colleague, dinner with some old colleagues, and I am leading my first ever committee meeting. Yeah, I may have taken on a little too much.

But hey! I'm going to check out Capital City Brewing on Saturday night to unwind from a day of meetings and be smug in the knowledge that Founders and Hopcat are WAY better (to say nothing of the Winchester, but that isn't a microbrewery, so I can't quite include it). I will probably not be blogging, but I will be pretty active over on Twitter (@epsyck) and on facebook. The funny thing is that even with a ton of meetings and other things that I'm responsible for taking care of, I'm most worried about how the cat is going to handle spending 5 days boarding with the vet. He's in good hands, but if the weather keeps getting stormy or if the cattery attendant is male, he's going to be very stressed...

No comments: