Sunday, April 11, 2010

So...hi everybody!

Long time no write, etc. I'm not going to apologize for not blogging (because that's silly, and anyway no one reads this), but I will give a bit of the reason why. I started my new job (yes...it's been that long), got a cat, and have been working at making friends. Job is still going great, although I'm pretty stressed about some things that I might get into later. Cat is doing fine now, although we've been through a lot (we're coming up on $1,000 worth of vet bills), and I love him to pieces. Gary is currently sleeping next to me on the couch, snoring louder than most of my ex-boyfriends.

The friends thing is probably the least successful part of my life. I was warned when I moved here that it wasn't so easy to make friends in Grand Rapids, but I figured it'd happen eventually. Let's just say that it hasn't been so good. I've met LOTS of people, but only a couple people I'd want as friends (I differentiate friend from acquaintance). Mostly that's ok, but it gets old sometimes. The realities of moving far away from family and friends for a job. And probably also the realities of being so much younger than my co-workers.

I just thought I should give a quick update before I get into the professional/work related blogging, which will come soon. Maybe even tomorrow!

No comments: